Do you feel tired even after a full night’s sleep? It might be because you have sleep apnea. Naperville Family Dentists can help. We offer several solutions in Naperville to treat snoring and sleep apnea – giving you and your partner a better night’s sleep.
More Than Just Treatment for Your Teeth
Some dentists only specialize in a few treatment options, making it difficult for families to receive the treatment they need. Doctors Nicholas P. Primiano and Diane M. Mach provide a full-service treatment facility dedicated to overall health and cosmetic solutions for the entire family.
We are highly experienced in diagnosing and treating many conditions which can improve your health and appearance, including TMJ therapy, laser gum surgery, and sleep apnea treatment.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea treatment is about more than just preventing snoring. Sleep apnea is a common disorder that can have severe consequences if left untreated.
The most common form of sleep apnea, obstructive sleep apnea, occurs when the muscles in the back of the throat relax and block the airway. The blockage can cause loud snoring and periods when breathing is interrupted.
What Happens if You Leave Sleep Apnea Untreated?
Sleep apnea can lead to daytime fatigue, poor concentration, and an increased risk for heart disease, stroke, and other health problems. If you think you might have sleep apnea, it’s important to see a doctor or sleep specialist for diagnosis and treatment.
How Can We Help Treat Sleep Apnea in Naperville?
There are a variety of treatments available for sleep apnea, but the most effective approach depends on the severity of the condition. For mild sleep apnea, simple lifestyle changes such as losing weight and quitting smoking may be enough to reduce symptoms. For more severe cases, various treatments are available.
At Naperville Family Dentists, we offer several effective solutions for sleep apnea and snoring. We will work with you to find the best option for your individual needs.
Some of the sleep apnea treatments we offer include:
- Oral Appliance Therapy: We will fit you with a custom-made mouthguard that you can wear at night. This appliance will help keep your airway open and prevent snoring.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP): CPAP is a sleep apnea treatment that involves wearing a mask over your nose and mouth. The mask is connected to a machine that provides a gentle air stream, keeping your airway open during sleep.
How Do I Know if I Need Treatment?
If you think you might have sleep apnea, you can do a few things to find out for sure.
- Talk to Your Partner: If you snore loudly or stop breathing during sleep, your partner may be able to tell you.
- See a Doctor: If you think you might have sleep apnea, the best way to find out is to see a doctor or sleep specialist. They will be able to diagnose sleep apnea and recommend the best treatment for you.
- Take a Sleep Test: A sleep test can help diagnose sleep apnea. A doctor will closely monitor you during a sleep test while you sleep. The sleep test results can help your doctor determine if you have sleep apnea and how severe it is.
Don’t Put Up With Snoring Any Longer!
Imagine getting a full night’s sleep and waking up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. It’s time to end restless nights and start enjoying life again.
With our help, you can finally get the good night’s sleep you need. Please schedule an appointment today, and let us help you start sleeping better tonight.